Head & Navigation

The Stars at Night

The Stars at Night... somewhere on Hwy. 190 in California.

I'd never call myself an astro or night photography by any stretch of the imagination... I'll leave that to thems that do it well. But, on our drive out of Death Valley the other night, we got a wild hair to stop at a pull off. We were following a nervous driver on a windy roads (translation: they drove reeeeeally sloooooowwwwly. Like, they could've walked faster)... pulling over just felt better.

Then we looked up. There was the Milky Way. Holy crap. It was bright, front and center.

I'll be honest. If I thought I'd be doing this, I'd have brought my Canon 6D and 14mm f/2.8 lens. As it was, I had my Fuji X-T1 and 16-55 f/2.8, which I've never tried this with.

Focusing was definitely a challenge... but the low noise level sure made me smile!

with +Barry Blanchard , +Mikele Iannello and +Traci Furtado

Fuji X-T1, 16-55 f/2.8 lens. ISO 3200, 25 seconds.

Karen Hutton

This!

Альбом «Дельфин» • Проект «Звёздное Небо» • Композитор Андрей Климковский • релиз 15 марта 2022